Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wine Tastings--February 2, 2012

Thursday night, I decided to go back to the Vintage Cellar for another wine tasting event.  This event was specifically for our class and they offered five wines for us to taste. I did try all of them this time and the one that stuck out the most for me was the Moscato once again.

The Opera Prima Moscato (Spain) 





-This wine stood out the most because I what I smelled and tasted. When I smelled it to me it smelled straight up like hair shampoo (I  thought that was weird too). So when I went to start drinking it, it tasted like shampoo as well. But, it did go down smooth and it was really bubbly but it had a bad after taste (go figure).










-Another wine that like really liked that night was the Marques de Moral Crianza Tempranillo (2007, Valdepenas, Spain) it had a really fruity smell, but the taste was kinda tart but yet sweet at the same time.










I really do like the fact that the Vintage Cellar was willing to do a special tasting for us. For some folks that might not be able to make it to the Saturday tastings this really means alot :)

Until next time, 
-Jelisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment