Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wine Tastings-- March 15, 2012

Simonet Blanc de Blancs
$7.95
France

What Vintage Cellar Said:
On the nose, there is some bread-yeast and some toast, same on the palate.  Great for an everyday bubbly or for mimosas!!

What Jelisa Said:
The smell of it was a mix between oak and fresh baked bread.  It wasn't too bad but it did taste like pepper.  I didn't have anything to eat with it but I would like to try it in a mimosa....






Tierra de Luna Torrontes-Chardonnay

2009
$7.95
Argentina

What Vintage Cellar Said:
Fresh and crisp, with floral aromas and flavors of quince and pear, this wine is a versatile companion to informal meals, and is excellent as an apertif.

What Jelisa Said:
I really liked the smell of it, it smelled like a sharp cheddar cheese.  It was very dry and I couldn't really pick out a taste to describe it...I did not have any food with this wine




Oxford Landing Viognier
2009
$7.95
Australia

What Vintage Cellar Said:
Bright and lively, this wine is appealing for its pear, lychee and sweet spice character, which comes together smoothly against a silky texture.

**this wine was rated 88 points by Wine Spectator**

What Jelisa Said:
It had a woody smell to it...kinda floral as well.  It tasted like raw meat and I did not have anything to eat with this.



Doural Red Tinto
2009
$8.95
Portugal

What Vintage Cellar Said:
This Portuguese tinto (red) blend exhibits a deep red color with violet hues.  The nose is vibrant and fruity.  The palate offers notes of spice, cherry, and dark berry supported by good structure.  Pairs well with red or game meat, cheeses and fish.

What Jelisa Said:
It had a very berry smell, something like cherries.  It was very bitter and dry kinda like I was eating wood chips.  I didn't have any food with this wine but I would like to try it with something to see if there is a change in the taste.

Estrella Merlot
2009
$5.95
Napa, California

What Vintage Cellar Said:
This ruby colored Merlot has raspberry jam aromas with a subtle hint of spice.  Layer of vanilla, plum, and fig are revealed that linger ever so slightly on the palate.

What Jelisa Said:
I got a green pepper smell with wasn't that bad (I really do like the way that green peppers smell).  I couldn't pick up a taste but then again I didn't have anything to eat with this wine either.




-Jelisa





No comments:

Post a Comment